Cher Prayers For This World Video (2017 Cries From Syria)

Thursday, February 09, 2017

'Classic Cher' Opening Night! Costumes & Set-List Revealed!

Singing legend Cher made a return to the stage just hours ago, with her Classsic Cher residency in Las Vegas.

The ageless songstress donned an array of dazzling new costumes, whilst a number of favorites made a return. The Grammy Award-winning singer's set list fittingly featured most of her classic hits, including 1965 debut hit All I Really Want To Do, a medley of her 1970's US#1's, 1980's smash If I Could Turn Back Time, and her best-seller, 1998's Believe.

Newer tracks included concert opener Woman's World, representing her 2013 US#3 album Closer To The Truth, plus 2010's Welcome To Burlesque, from her US Box Office #3 hit Burlesque.

Woman's World

What a great opening outfit! Cher begins her Classic Cher opening night set list with her recent 2013 anthem -- and US Dance#1 hit -- Woman's World. In usual Cher style, the singer arrives from above the stage wearing an outfit that gradually comes away to reveal more. The blue costume is paired with an afro, which Cher sported regularly in the 1970's -- in fact, the whole attire would not look at all out of place in Cher's 1975-76 solo TV series.



Strong Enough

Just like her 2014 Dressed To Kill Tour, Cher follows opener Woman's World with her 1999 European smash hit Strong Enough.



Gayatri Mantra

Just like on her 2002-2005 Farewell Tour, Cher arrives onstage on a life-size elephant puppet, whilst sporting an Indian outfit, to perform the Gayatri Mantra.



All Or Nothing

The Oscar-winning actress performs her Believe track -- and UK Top 20 hit -- All Or Nothing.


The Beat Goes On

Cher dons a slight variation of the outfit she wore to perform her debut hit All I Really Want To Do during her Farewell Tour to duet with archive footage of Sonny for the US Top 10 hit that served as the theme song for the duo's highly-popular 1907's TV series.


All I Really Want To Do

Cher performs her first hit record -- the Transatlantic Top 20 Dylan cover.


I Got You Babe

Cher once again duets with Sonny for the duo's 1965 Transatlantic #1 I Got You Babe. You can't get much more classic than this 1960's anthem.


Gypsies, Tramps & Thieves

Cher performs her 1971 US#1 Gypsies, Tramps & Thieves in the gypsy-style outfit from her 2008-2011 Colosseum show.


Dark Lady

Cher dons the same outfit for her next song, 1974 US#1 Dark Lady


Half Breed

Cher completes her usual trio of 1970's US mega-hits with Half Breed, sporting the iconic outfit that she's been performing it in -- in various variations -- since the 1970's




Welcome To Burlesque

Cher fast forwards from the 1970's to 2010's Welcome To Burlesque, performing it in the age-defying attire (she's 70!) as seen in the film and on her Dressed To Kill Tour, whilst defying age in the song's 



Take Me Home

Other than the absolute essential ones, Believe and If I Could Turn Back Time, we were certain that this hit was going to part of the show. And we knew what Cher was going to wear for it. The song is among her most performed, having been featured in most of her solo tours and residencies throughout her career, since 1979, whilst always donning the same outfit for it, though in different colours -- this time blue, taken from her 2008-2011 Cher at the Colosseum residency. 


After All

The costume highlight of the night for many was the one Cher wore for her 1989 US#6 ballad After All. The outfit was similar to the one she wore for I Hope You Find It (perhaps Classic Cher's most surprising omission? Or You haven't Seen The Last Of Me) on her Dressed To Kill Tour.






Walking In Memphis

Cher performs her 1995 UK Top 20 hit Walking In Memphis in an outfit similar to the ones she wore for her 2002-2005 Farewell Tour and 2008-2011 Vegas residency.



The Shoop Shoop Song (It's In His Kiss)

Cher performs her 1991 European #1 mega-hit, with a dance sequence that fans will be familiar with.



I Found Someone

After an introduction of her 1987 rocker Bang Bang is played, as was the case with her Dressed To Kill Tour, Cher comes out to big cheers in her signature I Found Someone body-stocking and leather jacket to perform the latter.




If I Could Turn Back Time

Having removed the leather jacket, Cher performs her 1989 US#3 -- and worldwide hit -- If I Could Turn Back time, playfully skipping around the stage and making a joke mid-song.



Believe

Cher's Believe costume from her 2008-2011 Colosseum residency makes a return as she performs her 1998 monster hit.




READ MORE: A Look At Songs Written By Cher

7 comments:

  1. Hm, love to see her again, but the show looks exactly like Believe + Farewell Tour + Las Vegas... Would've liked to see something new. Will see her though if she comes to Europe. Once a fan, always a fan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see a good positive review from a real Cher fan! (I posted a link to Cher.yuku forum. Hope you don't mind. I'll be buying your book(s) soon!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cher is a legend. From the mid-1960's, I can only think of Cher and Mick Jagger who still sing live whilst prancing around the stage. When I saw a clip of Cher singing Turn Back Time from last night, playfully skipping around in her bodystocking, whilst sounding FANTASTIC, even I was surprised that Cher could still perform at that level. She's ageless. And has never been given enough credit as the epic performer she is, despite outliving and performing longer that 99% of her contemporaries. And aw thank you, I hope you will enjoy them :)

      Delete
  3. You may say this is just liker her former tours, This show is called CLASSIC CHER, simply because she is performer her CLASSIC HITS, the ones that made all of us lover her....and she likes performing her classic hits. She uses some of the same CLASSIC costumes, again the ones that made love her more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,

    Hey guys my wife and I have been married for 15 years. For over five years I have been dealing with jealousy issues because of flirting and her having emotional type affairs with other men. I felt like my masculinity was in question and if I said the way she was acting bothered me, it seemed to make matters worse or I was accused of being controling. During this period I did state I wanted a divorce if the behavior was not going to end: texting men a night, leaving for the weekend without letting me know where she was going or not responding to messages. We do have a son and basically it's been him and I for the last year on the weekends. She disconnected completely from being a good wife and mother. In April she said she wanted a separation and I said no we need to get into marriage counseling. We did try that, but she was not very responsive and didn't give any effort. Afterward she was adamant about separation and divorce. I continued to say no and that we needed to save our family. She presented a separation agreement and I had to hire a lawyer. Because of the above behavior my lawyer suggested a private investigator. The investigator discovered my wife was having an affair with a close friend of the family who also is married with children. We know the extended families. I feel like I should tell this man's wife about what happened. This adultery has devastated me emotionally, I feel betrayed and I'm physically drained. I know my wife is passionate in terms of her sexuality, and I can't get the thought of them out of my head. It makes me question my own manhood, and I feel very inferior or that he must be a better lover or what ever. The problem is my wife pursued him. She would go to him and she lured him into this adultery. I felt this was coming for some time and could not stop it. She was not only lying to me but also to our son about what she was doing and where she was going. My family is important, my son loves her and as crazy as it sounds so do I. Can you respond with a course of action on how to proceed? I was still have a very huge place in my heart for her. so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Ahmed can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a spell for me. 28 hours later, my wife came to me and apologized for the wrongs she did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. I, my son and my wife are living together happily again.. All thanks to Dr Ahmed. as it is a place to resolve marriage/relationship issues, do you want to be sure if your spouse is being faithful to you or Do you want your Ex to come back to you Contact.: E-mail: Ahmedutimate@gmail.com or call/Whats-app: +2348160153829 save your crumbling home and change of grades its 100% safe. I suggest you contact him. He will not disappoint you.
    David L. Ollis, 43yrs, UK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey guys, I'm so excited of getting my husband back after he left me and our 3 kids for another woman.
    After 2 years of marriage, me and my husband has been into one quarrel or the other until he finally left me and moved to California to be with another woman. i felt my life was over and my kids thought they would never see their father again. i tried to be strong just for the kids but i could not control the pains that torments my heart, my heart was filled with sorrows and pains because i was really in love with my husband. Every day and night i think of him and always wish he would come back to me, I was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Unity can help get ex back fast. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a (Love spell) for me. 28 hours later, my husband really called me and told me that he miss me and the kids so much, So Amazing!! So that was how he came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and he apologized for his mistake,and for the pain he caused me and the kids. Then from that day,our Marriage was now stronger than how it were before,All thanks to Dr Unity. he is so powerful and i decided to share my story on the internet that Dr Unity real and powerful spell caster who i will always pray to live long to help his children in the time of trouble, if you are here and you need your Ex back or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact this powerful spell caster now. Here’s his contact: Email him at: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com ,
    you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348071622464 ,
    his website:http://unityspelltemple.yolasite.com ,
    Jessica, 26 years, Texas, USA.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I only have this little chance to tell you people about this powerful spell caster that brought back my lover to me within 3days. His name is dr obasi of the Shrine For Solution.My Husband left home since four months ago without even a call from him.I have cried for help but all that heard my cry kept on collecting my money without doing anything.A friend introduced me to dr obasi because he has helped her own sister in bringing back her lover.I contacted him, i cried so much and he heard my cried and he said he is for real and not like others.I want to confirm to you people that the following morning after he has started the work, my lover emailed me and also sent his friends to beg me not to be angry that should he come home? He is hungry and love to be with me. My lover is back and how do you expect me not to talk about dr obasi ? How on earth do you expect me to forget about him.You can contact him and he will do it for you, i assure you. His email address is obasispelltemple@gmail.com His cell number is +2349065671269.I am 101% sure that he will do it for you too because i know that there are so many people who needs help.We have made love and getting ready for a trip to Dubai. Thank you once again dr obasi, i will forever be greatful to you.and his web site is [obasispelltemple.yolasite.com] I am Stephanie Wilson from UK

    ReplyDelete