Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Cher Gives 'Sirens' To Star-Studded 'Songs For The Philippines' Album

Singer Cher has contributed her 'Closer To The Truth' track 'Sirens' to a star-studded compilation album to raise funds for the Philippines.

A digital album named 'Songs For The Philippines' has been released on iTunes to raise funds for the Philippines after a typhoon - coined Typhoon Haiyan - struck the country on 8 November, taking the lives of over 5,000 citizens and leaving many homeless among destroyed buildings.

The 39-track 'Songs For The Philippines' - which begins and ends with tracks from The Beatles - was put together by Sony, Warner Music and Universal and is full to the brim of superstars such as U2, Beyonce, Eminem, Adele, One Direction, Lady Gaga, Madonna, Katy Perry, Pink and Cher.


All the artists, record companies and music publishers who contributed to the relief album have waived fees and all proceeds will be donated to Philippine Red Cross.

1. Across The Universe - The Beatles
2. Shelter From The Storm - Bob Dylan
3. Have I Told You Lately That I Love You - Michael Bublé
4. In A Little While - U2
5. Count On Me - Bruno Mars
6. I Was Here - Beyoncé
7. Stan (live from BBC Radio 1) - Eminem
8. Sirens - Cher
9. Make You Feel My Love - Adele
10. Unconditionally (Johnson Somerset remix) - Katy Perry
11. Best Song Ever - One Direction
12. Carry On - Fun
13. Born This Way (Country Road version) - Lady Gaga
14. Mirrors - Justin Timberlake
15. I Would - Justin Bieber
16. New Day - Alicia Keys
17. 30 Lives - Imagine Dragons
18. Like A Prayer - Madonna
19. Sober - Pink
20. I Believe In You - Kylie Minogue
21. Hero - Enrique Iglesias
22. Factory of Faith - Red Hot Chillia Peppers
23. Roads Untraveled - Linkin Park
24. Use Somebody - Kings of Leon
25. Explorers - Muse
26. The Love Club - Lorde
27. Brave - Josh Groban
28. Stronger - Kelly Clarkson
29. Simple Things - Paolo Nutini
30. I Know You Care - Ellie Goulding
31. Carry You Home - James Blunt
32. Feel This Moment - Pitbull ft. Christina Aguilera
33. Sign On - Earth, Wind & Fire
34. Goung Out - Apl.De.App ft. Damian leroy
35. Brave - Sara Bareilles
36. Laed Me Home - Jessica Sanchez
37. Smile - Lily Allen
38. Love Don't Die - The Fray
39. Let It Be Me - The Beatles

4 comments:

  1. SIRENS is my favorite song off CTTT and I love ALLLL of her songs on CTTT. I just think Sirens is gorgeous and it shows her vocal talent AND fits this sad disastor. I am very happy non-Cher fans will get to hear this gorgeous song and maybe want to buy Cher's CTTT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ITS MY FAV TOO!!!! its reminds me of my brother that i lost, i hear tis song over n over again, along wiht IHYFI, ML,also will u wait for me,, CHER rocks when she sings ballads,, her vocals r clear, sharp with amazing hittin notes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im so proud that Cher's song is part of that album and that she is able to help my country. Now I pray that she makes the Philippines as one of her stops for her Dress to kill tour?

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Typhoon and a Hurricane are easy to get mixed up because they are the same storm--just on different sides of the ocean. An Earthquake involves the Earth, more so than the oceans. But The Phillipines got BOTH. Cher donated her song SIRENS to the people of The Phillipines after their Tragedies.
    I remember when Cher said "I FEEL LIKE MISS PHILIPPINE IN THIS DRESS" in her Monte Carlo Show. She has done a LOT in her career, as much as a MISS UNIVERSE !
    GO CHER !!!!

    ReplyDelete