Saturday, September 28, 2013

Cher Answers Fans Questions In 'iTunes Music' Live Twitter Chat

Cher'iTunes Music' held a live Twitter chat with musician Cher, which consisted of Cher answering questions from fans - largely about her new album 'Closer To The Truth' - who'd used hashtag #AskCher:

Q: The sequencing of the album is unusual. Can you explain what your intent was?
A: I don't like albums where there is a slow song next to a fast one. What I was trying to do was create a mood by keeping all the fast songs together, and gently going down to the sadder, slower songs. I started to slow down and change the feeling with 'I Walk Alone' and they all got slower from 'I Walk Alone' through 'Lie To Me'.

Q: What got you back in the recording studio?
A: One of my managers beat me into the studio.

Q: We heard that you love the song 'Favorite Scars'. Can you explain what you love about the song?
A: I love the feeling of the song first and then when I get to the "Love pulls you under like a landslide, loves when you crash trying to hang glide." The lyrics killed me. I loved everything about it.

Q: What dou you want fans to take away from this album?
A: I don't want them to take away anything from it. I'm not a fast food restaurant. I just want them to be happy, to feel something.

Q: Are you excited or surprised at how well 'Closer To The Truth' is being received?
A: Well, I'm flabbergasted! Sorry, turn-of-the-century word - consider the source.

Q: What's the best part of touring?
A: Oh God! The show! Actually, it's the only good part!

Q: As one of the mentors on NBC's 'The Voice', what are you looking forward to this season?
A: Well, I'm looking forward to all our kids winning! And Blake getting my engagement ring sized. (Oops!)
By the way, there is nothing true in the rumors about Blake and me. However, the three of us are looking for a bigger house in Malibu.

Q: What advice would you give to today's young, headline-grabbing young people?
A: Oh... Gosh... Hmmm... Don't believe the word "No".

Q: Finish this line: "If I could turn back time..."
A: Oh my god. I'd become a fetus.

Q: Your fans cover all ages and spectrums - teenagers, hipsters, baby boomers. What do you credit this to?
A: Oh. I don't know. Must be that voodoo spell I learned from Cajun woman when I played New Orleans?

Q: Why do you think your fans are so loyal to you?
A: Larger brains.

Q: When do you feel like you most want to sing or create - when you're in a good mood or bad one?
A: Both times. Sometimes creation comes more out of pain, like a pearl being created by sand in an oyster.

Q: What's the hardest part about making an album?
A: Showing up!

Q: Are you a tough judge for yourself?
A: It's a dirty job but somebody's got to do it. I just have to keep going until I do the best I can.

Q: What's the story with the plane crash you were in?
A: We crashed in a teeny two-engine plane on the runway coming back from a gig in Canada because the wings were iced up!

Q: If you had never become famous, what job would you like to have?
A: President of the world! It's a new position I'd create first.

Buy Cher's new album 'Closer To The Truth' from Amazon.

2 comments:

  1. CHER sure has an amazing sense of humour, love her answers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have good news for you Daniel. Woman's World will debut in the ARIA Top 100 Singles chart at #77 next week. Please let know me that you read this comment, otherwise I'll email you as requested. :)

    Kind regards,
    Grant (Top 100 Singles)

    ReplyDelete