Saturday, June 16, 2012

Cher Responds To 'Burlesque' Criticism

Cher in 'Burlesque'American superstar Cher has responded to criticism of her 2010 movie 'Burlesque'.

Cher starred alongside singer Christina Aguilera in the 2010 musical-comedy 'Burlesque' - Aguilera's first starring role in a film. Although the Box Office returned good results, critics were less generous.

One user on social networking site Twitter wrote to Cher, asking her for her opinion on the film's criticism; "What do you say to all those people who said that 'Burlesque' was a bad movie?" The Twitter user followed the question up with his own opinion, saying, "Personally I loved that movie!"

The singer-songwriter - famous for her numerous chart-topping hit records and multiple successful movies - gave a rare answer regarding this movie's poor critical reception; "I'd say that they're not completely wrong! I loved almost all of it but it was imperfect to be sure and too long!"

Cher gave one particular reason as to why she believes the film's trailer may have scared away some potential viewers. "The trailer looked too sexy and it scared parents", she said.

Co-star Aguilera caused quite a stir during a performce of one of the film's songs, 'Express', on the 'X Factor' in the UK during her promotional rounds for the film back in 2010 - several parents complained, citing the performance as too raunchy for a family television show.

The film grossed over $110 million worldwide, including DVD sales, according to officials.

7 comments:

  1. I remember that X Factor performance, it was waaaay to ranchy and not what the film was like at all. I agree with the twitter guy, I loved Burlesque :D Shame the story didnt revolve around Cher but at least she got to sing a couple of songs <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. so....are Cher and Bette Midler still remaking WHATEVER HAPPENED TO BABY JANE?!?! I hope so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG!!!! How awesome would that be!!!

      Delete
  3. I loved Bururlesque. I just wanted CHER TO BE THE BURLESQUE DANCER AND SINGER. CHER IS BEAUTIFUL, CHER IS THE STAR.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well I don't think Burlesque was a family movie anyway, most kids don't enjoy that sort of thing. Personally, I loved it!!!! I didn't think it was raunchy at all, very tasteful dance numbers! But the real burlesque was that way...yes? As for that Xfactor thing, didn't see it, don't watch that sort of stuff. Only thing that really bothered me in the movie was she rehearsed that number "Ain't Seen The Last Of Me" for the next night's performance & she never did perform it :( I've watched the movie so much, I almost know it all by heart!! loved it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What did they expect ! A "Sister Act 3" ?

    ReplyDelete